Marketing Specialist Intern
Genemod is a team of technology entrepreneurs and scientists headquartered in Seattle, WA. Our mission is to maximize productivity in bench research and drive the next generation of medicines. The Genemod platform enables life scientists to collaborate and streamline day-to-day operations in the research lab, making pre-clinical research efficient and reproducible. https://www.genemod.net
Genemod has an exciting opportunity for a marketing specialist intern who wants to push their career to the next level working on new products we’re bringing to market that are changing the face of scientific research today. This is a wildly unique opportunity to learn what it takes to be at hypergrowth scale at one of today’s most exciting companies. Other companies will force you to specialize your skill set, this role won’t make you do that and will give you full reign to run a full stack marketing program from the ground up.
As a Marketing Specialist Intern, you will work closely with the leadership team to connect and consult with inbound leads and marketing generated opportunities. You will also help grow our social media presence and build a scalable, repeatable process.
- This is a pay-per-project internship position.
- We are hiring for part-time candidates to work through Spring Quarter 2020 at our local office in Pioneer Square.
What you’ll learn:
- Have identified all marketing channels through which we can promote the Genemod platform
- Have tested three new initiatives through which we can generate marketing qualified accounts for each business unit
- Have established a demand gen model down to the campaign level that aligns with the growth expectations for both lines of business
- Have created a lead scoring model for each of these products that denotes when someone should be contacted by the sales team vs further nurtured or potentially pushed through an e-commerce flow
- Be feeling as though you’ve hit your stride in demand gen for each of these products and you have established a prioritized road map for how we will grow the funnel for each of these products over the next 12 months
- Have a perspective on how we need to grow and scale the team for these products as we grow and scale the business
- Develop compelling multi-channel marketing programs to support the demand generation needs of our highly efficient sales team
- Conduct A/B tests to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of all marketing and advertising channels and then inform sales and product teams on the key learnings of each of these tests
- Create value-driven content to highlight overall product value and feature level value to prospects and customers
- Measure and analyze weekly dashboards for products and markets to understand where opportunity exists
- Optimize existing and create new advertising campaigns
- Conduct keyword rich content to maximize SEO optimization
What we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years experience creating compelling marketing content that drives both traffic and conversions
- Experience working within a B2B marketing environment with a preference toward software marketing experience
- Solid knowledge of various paid marketing channels and technologies, including paid search (Google AdWords), retargeting, social network advertising (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and more), and content distribution and placement networks
- Experience using HubSpot and Google Analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and a positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial spirit to drive your product forward
At Genemod, interns and team members:
- Have complete ownership and accountability over their role and functional area
- Have complete transparency into the rest of the company (and are expected to show their work and do the same)
- Have a sense of urgency. We are building a once in a lifetime company at Genemod, so we move fast every single day
Atlassian for Life Scientists
Genemod’s vision is to maximize productivity in bench research and drive the next generation of medicines. As a company, we do this by developing simple research tools on a unified platform for life scientists and researchers to collaborate and standardize their scientific research. Genemod has validated the technology and market need through partnerships with research institutions and is fundamentally transforming the $19B scientific software industry to make pre-clinical, bench research efficient and reproducible.
Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below