Software Engineer Intern
Genemod is a team of technology entrepreneurs and scientists headquartered in Seattle, WA. Our mission is to maximize productivity in bench research and drive the next generation of medicines. The Genemod platform enables life scientists to collaborate and streamline day-to-day operations in the research lab, making pre-clinical research efficient and reproducible. https://www.genemod.net
As a software engineer intern, you will work closely with the leadership team to build the Genemod platform. You should have experience working with web frameworks and libraries such as jQuery, React, Django, and/or Node.js.
- This is a pay-per-projectinternship position.
- We are hiring forfull-timecandidates to work through Spring Quarter 2020 at our local office in Pioneer Square.
- Our frontend web experiences are a key part of our business, and we’re looking for engineers that have deep expertise in building world-class web apps and care deeply about UI/UX
- We value a healthy and productive culture. You will work with the org to build an engineering culture where engineers can do their best work and build a brand that is a talent magnet
- We value results, not the appearance of effort. You'll drive accountability and own engineering effectiveness metrics to translate strategy into results
- We believe communication makes everyone more effective. You'll consistently communicate and deliver on commitments. You'll partner with the leadership team to translate technology capabilities into strategic business decisions
What we’re looking for:
- Proficiency in server-side language such as Python and Java
- Familiarity with database technology such as SQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB
- Pursuing or have completed an academic degree in CS, CSE, or equivalent
- Able to implement Web User Interface from requirements and conceptual designs
- Able to recognize and implement reusable code and libraries for future use and sharing across multiple applications
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for full software development life cycle including coding standard, build processes, testing, and version control
- Experience with writing and executing unit tests
- Experience with agile development methodologies
At Genemod, interns and team members:
- Have complete ownership and accountability over their role and functional area
- Have complete transparency into the rest of the company (and are expected to show their work and do the same)
- Have a sense of urgency. We are building a once in a lifetime company at Genemod, so we move fast every single day
Atlassian for Life Scientists
Genemod’s vision is to maximize productivity in bench research and drive the next generation of medicines. As a company, we do this by developing simple research tools on a unified platform for life scientists and researchers to collaborate and standardize their scientific research. Genemod has validated the technology and market need through partnerships with research institutions and is fundamentally transforming the $19B scientific software industry to make pre-clinical, bench research efficient and reproducible.
Send us your resume to email@example.com or click the button below