UX Designer Intern (Remote)
Genemod is a team of technology entrepreneurs and scientists headquartered in Seattle, WA. Our mission is to maximize productivity in bench research and drive the next generation of medicines. The Genemod platform enables life scientists to collaborate and streamline day-to-day operations in the research lab, making pre-clinical research efficient and reproducible. https://www.genemod.net
As a UX Designer intern, you will work closely with the leadership team to build the Genemod platform. The UX Designer intern will have the opportunity to participate in every part of the design process, from brainstorming to prototyping and product testing.
You should have experience with design software and UX design process. There is a huge opportunity to improve the platform through developing intuitive designs that address user feedbacks through interviews and testing.
- This is an unpaid internship position.
- We are hiring for full-time, remote candidates to work through Summer Quarter 2020
- Our frontend web experiences are a key part of our business, and we’re looking for UX designers with commercial experience.
- Work closely with project manager and engineers to deliver high quality end products
- Develop innovative solutions for existing user experience issues, create effective strategies to implement user experience changes, perform task analysis, troubleshoot remote applications, and execute prototype testing
- We believe communication makes everyone more effective. You'll consistently communicate and deliver on commitments. You'll partner with the leadership team to translate technology capabilities into strategic business decisions.
What we’re looking for:
- Portfolio of UX designs
- Pursuing or have completed an academic degree in HCDE or equivalent
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and effectively
- Experience in graphic design and/or design and layout for website and marketing collateral is a plus
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions
At Genemod, interns and team members:
- Have complete ownership and accountability over their role and functional area
- Have complete transparency into the rest of the company (and are expected to show their work and do the same)
- Have a sense of urgency. We are building a once in a lifetime company at Genemod, so we move fast every single day
Atlassian for Life Scientists
Genemod’s vision is to maximize productivity in bench research and drive the next generation of medicines. As a company, we do this by developing simple research tools on a unified platform for life scientists and researchers to collaborate and standardize their scientific research. Genemod has validated the technology and market need through partnerships with research institutions and is fundamentally transforming the $19B scientific software industry to make pre-clinical, bench research efficient and reproducible.
Send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the button below